An updated health planning unit, HPU430 Front of House Unit (Revision 7) has been uploaded and outlines the specific requirements for the planning and design of a range of facilities including the main entry, public amenities and pastoral/ spiritual care. This document is a revision of the HPU developed for NSW Health and issued for Australasian use in 2006. Its development has been informed by an extensive consultation process with consumers and clinicians.
Major changes include:
- Inclusion of relevant information relating to HPU130 Admissions Unit
- Inclusion of a Changing Places Toilet
- Updated policies and standards
- A general revision of all information with a significant reduction in content
- An updated functional relationships diagram
- An update schedule of accommodation which describes two scenarios – small (role delineation 3-4) and large (5-6).
The information previously contained in HPU130 Admissions Unit has now been incorporated into this document so this document has been retired.
A thank you is extended to all those who have contributed to the review of this document.